Milled log houses – a healthy and modern way of life. Handicraft logs, milled logs, standard projects, log house construction projects.
A LOG HOUSE?
The healthy environment of a log house! Pleasant fresh air, very little dust in the air, and evenly pleasant humidity. A value that grows over time! The value of a log house is high and grows over time. The log house shows an attitude and care for the environment around you. A place to call your own! Wood is a warm material and creates a cozy and homey feeling even on the coldest winter evenings.
The main activity of AAMPALK FIN OÜ is the design, production, and erection of log houses. We offer our customers houses based on the principle that all their wishes are feasible. Therefore, our product range includes both traditional handicrafts and modern machine production. Generally, people have very different visions for their future home. So much so, that it is nearly impossible to find two identical ones. That is why we try to be as flexible as possible and find the best possible solutions in cooperation with the client.
More and more families around the world are choosing a log home as their home. This is a natural choice because people have always wanted to live a full life that includes a healthy and close-to-nature lifestyle. Building your own home is an important decision in everyone’s life because, as a rule, a house is a home for life. A house that a person erects themself is one of the most important memories we can pass on to our descendants. Therefore, planning and choosing a future house is often difficult because we want to be confident in our decisions.
By choosing a log house, you will gain a great many benefits:
- Wood is the cleanest building material created by nature itself
- The traditions of building a log house go back to our ancestors
- The exterior of the wood is handsome and can be, but does not need to be, painted
- A log house treated with modern substances and properly erected will be preserved for centuries
- Unique indoor air in the house: unlike other building materials, wood “breathes” – thanks to the structure of wood cells, the air can diffuse in both directions and it ensures the constant refreshing of indoor air molecules.
- Log walls act as a heat accumulator – wood can store heat energy and transfer it smoothly according to the internal temperature
- Log walls can release moisture indoors in winter and thus reduce indoor air dryness
- The temperature of the interior surfaces of wooden buildings is pleasant because it is always close to the ambient temperature
- Due to its electrostatic properties, wood does not generate static electricity and prevents dust from circulating indoors, a property that is especially appreciated by those suffering from allergies.
- If you know all the peculiarities of log buildings, then erecting log houses is easy and fast
- Thanks to modern technology, it is possible to erect a log house very cheaply, but also to build an exclusive hand-made log building according to your wishes.
If you have decided in favor of a log house and you have found a suitable plot on which to erect it, it would be expedient to find a suitable architectural solution for the future house. There are many different ways to do this. In the case of a log house, it is most expedient to consult the manufacturer when preparing sketch drawings of the house. Although the possibilities for building from logs are relatively large, several specific features must be taken into account in the design, such as the length of the logs, the strength of the load-bearing beams, the sinking of the log walls, etc.
Certainly, one good option is to choose the right one from the standard projects. In general, it can then be adapted to specific wishes. If you do not find a suitable one among the standard solutions on our site, we can most likely find a suitable solution together after hearing your vision. Of course, it is always possible to turn to an architect.
In general, this choice still depends on people’s different tastes, some like round logs, others don’t like round log surfaces, and they prefer a flat log wall. The influence of traditions in the choice of log type can be observed in the world, for example, Norway has been building log houses from square logs for decades. In Estonia, old houses can be found built with both round and square logs.
Industrial log house production began as late as between 1950-1960. Before that, log houses were made by hand. And this traditional way has not disappeared today – people still know how to appreciate and value what has been built by human hands. As the log house is often accompanied by an earthy and natural lifestyle, the human energy put into the house by hand gives added value to the house.
An important determinant here is whether the house is built for year-round use or as a cottage. In the case of a residential house, we recommend the use of additional insulation if the diameter of the round log is less than 200 mm and the thickness of the square log is less than 200 mm.
All normal types of foundations for small buildings are suitable for log houses, the main ones being post, strip, and slab type foundations.
Today, all common roofing materials can be used for log houses. Log house builders often recommend a heavy stone roof because then the wall will sink faster. Of course, traditional materials such as shingles, shavings, and thatched roofs are very suitable for log houses.
All the same heating systems are suitable for a log house as a normal building. A fireplace will suit ideally with the ambiance for a log house, but this is mostly meant to supplement the main heating system.
OÜ Aampalk FIN
The main activity of the company is the design, production, and erection of log houses. We offer our customers houses based on the principle that all their wishes are feasible. Therefore, our product range includes both traditional handicrafts and modern machine production.
Address: Raja Keskus 11, 76901, Tabasalu, Harju County
Reg. No. 11903805
VAT No. EE101353481
Tel. (+372) 566 94 972
Fax. (+372) 605 48 92